Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Update

Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I've been quite busy with two things:

1) My dog, Linc (yes, the same one I've had since the 3rd grade; he's 21 years old & lives with my parents), was ran over by a car on Saturday and somehow survived. The vet said she didn't feel any broken bones, but he does have a lot of bruising and a laceration on his leg. Right now, our biggest concern is that he's immobile and won't get up to go to the bathroom. Even when we pick him up and place him outside, he still won't go. I know this is all horribly depressing for a wedding planning blog, but writing about it helps me cope with the fact that we might have to put him down in a few days if he doesn't improve. *tear

2) The other thing keeping me busy was preparing for my Trash the Dress photoshoot with Jessica from Lemongrass Photography. I wanted to get some shots of TR and me at home, so I cleaned and organized my house pretty much every evening last week. Yesterday (Sunday) was the shoot and I had a great time. It was so nice to have something take my mind of Linc. Here are some of the locations we took pictures:
  • Our front yard ~ in the grass and in our Adirondack chairs
  • Inside our house ~ poking fun at the "domestic" life... me with mixing bowls and a wooden spoon, pretending to bake cookies and pour TR coffee... TR with a Budweiser on the couch and him poking his head in the fridge... I can't wait to see how those turn out!
  • Railroad tracks ~ TR found this H.U.G.E. pile of railroad ties (the long wooden planks) off the side of Pendleton Pike and we climbed on them... we also took pics on the railroad tracks themselves... I was so nervous about shooting here because these tracks are fairly active train tracks!
  • Fort Benjamin Harrison ~ in the back of some abandoned buildings; dumpsters really give a visual depictment of "trashing" the dress
  • Veterans of Foreign War post ~ by an old war tank & an old Winebago (not sure why the Winebago was there, but it was green and I was wearing a red scarf for those pictures, so it might make for a good Christmas picture!)
  • Fall Creek Loop trail/park ~ in the middle of some rustic, tall, scratchy weeds/grass/trees

Jessica said she'd have a link up in a few days and I'll post pictures as soon as I can!!

No comments: