Friday, October 3, 2008

Etsy Hair Clips

I just love hair clips. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you I'm the queen of bobby-pinned hairstyles. On any given day, there's a 95% chance that I have bobby pins in my hair. Along this theme of hair and pins, I also love the look of flowers or other decorative items in my hair. Here's a wedding photo to prove it:





















(Photo courtesy of Lemongrass Photography)

I always knew I'd have a flower in my hair when I got married. When I started trying on wedding dresses, I found that veils looked stunning if the veil's style matched the style of the dress. When I settled on this dress (pictured above), I was further convinced that a flower would be the only way to go. I couldn't find a veil that made me feel as pretty as that little flower.

I found my flower through Etsy. Island Girl Designs has a super collection of hair pins, especially suited for weddings. Did I mention they are VERY reasonably priced, too?? I can't find a similar flower to the one I wore for my wedding in the Island Girl Designs shop, but Etsy seller AutumnsBlossoms has one (see below)!



{picture source}

While browsing through AutumnsBlossoms' shop, I began to DROOL over the rest of her collection. This lavender flower is so romantical!




{picture source}

I think a hair clip instead of a veil is perfectly acceptable for a bride. If you feel more comfortable/pretty/confident with a hair clip (or sparkly comb or tiara), you should wear it. Veils are beautiful, but not a requirement for your wedding day.

No comments: