Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

TR and I have decided to do some pumpkin carving this week and I found some adorable designs over on Southern Living's website:




I really like the bottom pumpkin with the floral design and also the fall leaves pumpkin. TR is probably going for a really scary design, so I'll have to put my sweet pumpkins on the other side of the porch. :)

I also really love the look of painted pumpkins for centerpieces or Thanksgiving decor (picture below). Although I think we can all slap some paint on a pumpkin without detailed instructions, Martha Stewart offers video directions for making these gorgeous glitter gourds:


I might just have to make both kinds of pumpkin decorations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pumpkins designs at top! i want to do something similar. cute ideas!

Lindsey said...

I shall post pics of what I end up doing... we'll see if I can get them to be anything similar to Martha's! :)