Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bustle Interview: Laura

I am so happy Laura agreed to be bride #2 in my new Bustle Interview blog segment! Here is her interview:

When were you married?
We were married on 10-18-2008


How far before the wedding did you start planning?
My sister and I started planning about a year before the big day.

Did you hire a wedding planner? If so, how much was he/she involved?
No

What percentage of wedding planning was done by you and what percentage was done by your spouse?
My sister and I did all of the planning my spouse did not help at all (at my request)

What wedding planning tasks did you delegate, and to whom?
I delegated as many tasks as I absolutely could. Anyone who was willing to help was given a task. Being in school and working full time didn’t allow me to spend as much time to invest as other people might have, so I took all of the help and suggestions that I could get.

What were the three items/services you did NOT want to skimp on in terms of budget (i.e. photography, food, location)?
I absolutely did not want to skimp out on the photographer, while some people may consider that vain, your photos are the one thing that can be passed down to future generations, even after Dusty and I are gone.

If you had $1,000 more dollars available in your budget, what would you have spent it on?
I would have invited more people. We had to cut back our guest list because we simply did not have enough money.

What part of planning your wedding did you enjoy the most?
I enjoyed it all, it was stressful at times but there is not one aspect that I enjoyed more than another.

On your wedding day, besides saying your vows, what was the most memorable moment?
I do not have a single memorable moment, the whole day was perfect from beginning to end and I would not have changed a thing.

What would you have done differently if you had to do it all over again (given that hindsight is 20/20)?
I can’t think of anything that I would have changed, the day was beautiful and I could not have asked for more


What advice would you give to brides currently planning their weddings?
My best advice is to not sweat the small stuff, this is a once in a lifetime event (hopefully), you only get to do it once and you don’t want it to be a bad experience because you spent the whole experience fretting about everything. There are going to be things that don’t go just the way you wanted, and there is not going to be anything you can do about it. So just enjoy the day and have as much fun as you can!!


No comments: