Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Version: DIY Centerpieces

I hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day weekend! While relaxing indoors (since it was rainy most of Monday in Indy), I made a few tissue paper flowers like I mentioned I would in my last post. Here are some pictures:

I decided to go for a peach & turquoise color palette...



{Source: author's personal collection}

I must have bought the most delicate tissue paper ever because the layers were super-difficult to pull apart, but I think the end-result was quite lovely! I bought a multi-color tissue paper pack from JoAnn's Fabric for about $10.

Here's one big flower - I think it looks cute all by itself!



I used cheap-o glass containers (old soda bottles, juice carafes, anything I could find that was glass and wasn't cracked) from Goodwill - I love the look of non-matching vases.

It took me about 5 minutes to make each flower, so if you were thinking about doing this for your wedding, you should allocate approximately this amount of time per flower.

No comments: