Monday, February 9, 2009

Breakfast at Tiffany's

This past Sunday, I had the pleasure of attending Tiffany & Co's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" event. It was an intimate gathering of guests who were interested in learning more about the 4 C's ~ cut, color, carat & clarity... plus Tiffany's own definition of "presence".

My friends Ashley & Allison and I arrived at the store while the rest of the mall was still closed, we were greeted by a Tiffany employee, ushered inside the store to dine on some fine pastries & juice, listened to a non-boring explanation of Tiffany's history (did you know Tiffany's was in business when Abraham Lincoln was president??) & then were allowed to try on the most GORGEOUS baubles in the engagement ring case!

Here's one I really liked (and probably the ONLY one I could hope of getting in the near future - $4k):




{Tiffany Three Stone Circlet}

We learned about the "Tiffany setting", the company's strict diamond standards (any diamond with a black inclusion, chip, laser drill hole or surface inclusion is rejected), and the precision cut to maximize the diamonds brilliance. Here's the classic Tiffany ring:



{The Tiffany Setting}

Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take pictures while inside the store, so here are some of us after we left the event:



{Me - showing off my gift bag... it was full of Tiffany catalogs & even a sample of Tiffany perfume!}



{My fabulous girlfriends Ashley & Allison!}

No comments: