Sunday, December 5, 2010

Out With The Old, In With The New?

I was browsing the internet and came across this article on The Knot, 20 Wedding Traditions You Can Skip. We're constantly blogging about ways to make your ceremony and reception unique, so I thought I'd share some of the traditions mentioned in the article and my thoughts on them as well.

- A white wedding dress. The article says: white's always in style, but you have other options too. My thoughts: I completely agree, of course. For example, check out the lovely bride in the image below. However, when I get married one day, I can't imagine wearing anything other than white.

{image}

- Seeing each other before the ceremony is a no-no. The article says: Do whatever you want! If you want to see each other before your nuptials, plan a "first look" photo shoot so you and your spouse can still have that special moment captured. My opinion: I think it depends on what works best for the timeline of your wedding day. (Check out our blog post on having a "first look".)

- Bridal jewelry has to be simple. The article says: Make as bold a statement as you want with your accessories. My thoughts: I love, love, LOVE embellished bib necklaces like the one pictured and think it would be so fun to wear something like that with a wedding dress. But, I'd be careful about looking too trendy - I don't want to look at my wedding pictures ten years later and wonder what the heck I was thinking. Also, I do like the idea of changing your accessories (or even your dress) from the ceremony to the reception.

{image}

Check out the article for even more ideas on how to turn wedding traditions upside down!

No comments: